|If one person PIF to three people and each of those three people PIF to three more people and each of those three people PIF..........|
From now on, I am going to have a regular post on Fridays centered around paying it forward--PIF.
We live in such a fast paced and often times self-centered culture and it is easy to fall into selfish ways rather than slowing down to do something kind for someone else. It will be my weekly challenge to you (and myself!) to PIF every week (the more times the better!) and we can all share our stories here every Friday! Also, if someone has PIF to you, that would be a great story to share! Through the "Simply linked" tool at the bottom, you can share a blog post with me and everyone else about your PIF experience (maybe you have already done or experienced one this week!), or simply just leave a comment.
Why pay it forward?:
- It takes ONE person to make/start change in a community.
- It not only builds your self-esteem, but the self-esteem of those you PIF to.
- It will encourage us to get out of comfort zones in a positive way and even meet new people!
- It is like a ripple effect--but it will take a conscious effort to keep it going and going and going....
- To help us and remind us of the power of giving to others and showing kindness towards others on a regular basis.
- Because sometimes people just need to know that someone cares enough about them to make their day, even if they are a stranger!
Need some ideas?:
- If going through the drive-thru, pay for someone behind you.
- Buy someone's groceries
- Pay for someone's gas
- Leave a random note of kindness in a public place--public restroom perhaps! :)
- Babysit for free
- Donate your time, food, money, heck even a kidney!
- When walking buy a homeless person, ask if you can buy them a burger or bottle of water.
- Give a compliment--give generously
- Put a quarter in an almost expired meter
- Bring a box of donuts to work--or send them to someone else's!
- Be polite--hold doors open and say your please and thank you
- Pack a care package for troops
- Give a generous tip
- Give blood
- Encourage someone
Those are just a few. Get creative. Get personal. Not all kind gestures take money my friends. But they do take effort on our part and a desire to make the world a better place--ONE person at a time.
This week I am going to PIF by making a point to pay for a strangers' gas, groceries or food! Being so tight on money myself, I know what a blessing it can be to have an unexpected surprise like that. I will post how it went when I have done it!
ONE person can make a difference.
Pay it Forward Friday starts.......NOW! (remember to leave a link to your PIF post!)
Don’t wait for people to be friendly, show them how.