photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Baby Steps to Chemical Free

So, over the past 9 months or so I've been really encouraged by other blogs and close friends to make better choices about what is going in and on my body.  It is especially important now that I am with child.  I have slowly been incorporating new products into my daily life and have so much more add!  Take it from me (a beginner)--it is SO easy to start the process of becoming chemical free and it will really pay off in the long run.  These are some of the things that I have (and will soon) been using to replace the other toxin filled products I've been putting in my body.


Make-up: I've replaced my mascara with this organic mascara from Physicians Formula.  Free of all chemicals and toxins and created using plants and natural elements.  I love it!  I am planning to go to my local co-op soon to look at their organic/natural make-up selection and keep replacing my products!


 One word--NORWEX.  I was introduced to Norwex a few years ago and love love love their products.  My first go to product is their enviro-cloth.  These cloths are made with fine fine strands (like 1/500 of a human hair!) of silver, which naturally repels germs and bacteria--so you can use it on meat juices, toilet seats, and your hands and the germs wont transfer----so crazy! I need about 5 more.
 Hairspray: Replaced my treseme hairspray with organic hairspray.  Still smells pretty strong, but toxin free!
 Oh Coconut oil.  Thank you to my friend Regan for introducing me to the greatness of this stuff!  I use it for:

Cooking
Shaving
Face and Body Lotion
Natural first aid--think neosporin
Lip balm


Again, Norwex :)  I use the make-up cloths from this brand to both remove my make-up and wash my face.  The exfoliating cloth does the same work as an exfoliating scrub and a face wash because of the antibac qualities.  I love them and use them daily.
Essential Oils:  I am learning new things daily about how to use oils and what to use them for  I really dislike and have always disliked taking pills so being able to find a holistic alternative has been so nice.  I got this starter kit with some essentials and use at least one every day. Some things I use them for often:

Headaches
Sleep Remedy
Natural cleaning solution (mixed with water and vinegar)
De-stresser
Morning Sickness
Stuffy nose
Cinnamon in my sanitizer--natural antibac
Room/home deodorizer




 Shampoo:  I got rid of all of Everett's bubble baths, shampoos and body washes and incorporated this new product into his (and MY) bathing/showering routine.  It serves as a 3 in 1 being a shampoo, bubble bath and body wash. It is chemical and toxin free--again using plant solutions.  I use it for my own shampoo!
 Wish List: The products below are, you guessed it, Norwex! :)  I am going to a fellow crunchy friend's house this week for a Norwex party and hope to get the following products!  (And hope Curt doesn't notice the bank account if I do :) )




See.  Simple people.  If I can do it, you can too!  Have you become chemical free?  I'd LOVE to hear about the ways you have replaced your oldies with some goodies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...