photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Taste the Rainbow!

Many moons ago, I lived in a tomboyish, colorless wardrobe.  I wanted to standout--so I veered into the dark punkish style (Avril wannabe).  I stayed there well into the beginning of our marriage. Lots of greys and blacks.  It wasn't until Curtis started commenting on how drab and dark I seemed that I really started to think about my clothes and how they portrayed me as a woman.  I slowly started to add in color and dare I say dresses.  Holy moley.  Five years ago the only dress you'd see me in was my wedding dress!  Now look at that picture below...there is like 15 in there!


 And now here is some color!  Its like a rainbow threw up in my closet....and I like it! :)  When I put on colors, I feel so happy and positive and I think that is the point of clothes, isn't it?---to make you feel good!


So, thank you Curtis for encouraging me to bring happiness to my wardrobe and taking it from an Avril wannabe to a rainbow on steroids!

I think my wardrobe also speaks to who God is molding me into as I grow older.  God created me as woman and its bout time I start dressing like one huh?   I have become more feminine, more creative and more unique!

1 comment:

  1. I so love that a "rainbow threw up in your closet" your words like your wardrobe are so incredibly colorful.

    Aloha,
    I'm following ya now from the wiegand's, another blog that is so full of light and love and goodness. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love it if you'd join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time and are writing the stories as we go along. Every Friday we link up and share aloha if you're up for it we'd love to have you with us.

    Happiness Everyday.
    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...