photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Sunday, January 22, 2012

DIY Silhouette picture

There are a number of ways to do this and this is just what worked for me and what I had on hand!

What you need:

Camera
Computer
Printer
Cardstock paper
Black Paint
Foam brush/paint brush
Spray adhesive
Scissors
Background paper (mine was the red)
Frame

1.  Depending on who you are doing a silhouette picture of, it may or may not be easy to get a side profile picture. My 'subject', well, he's just always moving so I took about 12 pictures and narrowed it down to the best one!


2. Next, choose your best picture and then upload it to your computer.  

3. I opened up a blank word document and inserted my chosen picture onto the blank page.

4. Enlarge and crop the picture to the size you would like.  I wanted it to be pretty big, so I enlarged the picture so only his head and shoulders covered as much as the 8.5 X 11 page as possible.

5. Insert your cardstock paper into the printer.

6. Print!

7. After that bad boy comes out and takes a couple minutes to dry, get your best scissors--the thinner, the better.  Cut away, paying attention to every detail, crevasse, hair and bump. 

8.Lay the picture out on newspaper or paper towels and paint whichever side you wish black---or really any color you'd like and let it dry.

9. Decide what size frame you are going to put it in--this will help you decide what size background paper and if you need to cut it.  I had a 12 X 12 frame on hand, so it was pretty easy for me to go to the craft store and get a 12 X 12 sheet of scrap-booking paper.

10.Spray the adhesive to the back of the silhouette picture and then press it centered, firmly on your background paper.  I put a book on mine for about 15 minutes.  Once adhered and dry, pop it in the frame and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Love it! I am so going to do this when Lulu is a little older. My husband and I both have these from first grade of ourselves, and some day I am going to frame them in matching frames and hang them in our bedroom :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...