photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Sweet Potatoes and Bibs

This sweet bib was created by Jan from BibsBibsBibs
So, Everett has started on solids officially (about a month ago), so he is practically all grown up now. It's been a messy process and he is about as picky of a eater as I am.  So far we have been successful with rice cereal and sweet potatoes. Really child? You are going to live on sweet potatoes?  Many other fruits and veggies will go in, but come out faster than you can say Gerber baby.  Needless to say we are going through a lot of bibs, burp cloths, wash cloths, paper towels, sleeves, etc. around here.  I believe I have an abnormally regurgitative (Yup, I just made that word up) child, so it makes matters worse! 


 The whole starting solids food process is a bit scary to me.  It just solidifies even more how responsible I am for my little guys development and growth.  Which, you would think after 9 months in my belly and 6 months on earth that the thought would have settled in, but that's a lot of pressure!  What if I don't feed him the "right" foods right off the bat.  What if I don't feed him enough and he starts shrinking.  What if all he ever eats IS sweet potatoes?  I know...its all just another symptom of mommy guilt and being a worrier at heart, but I think fretting is also a genetic trait, so I can't help it anyways :)







     Well, tomorrow is a new day and we are out of sweet potatoes, so baby boy best find a liking to something else!  Its also going to be a somewhat nice day tomorrow here in the frozen tundra so we may venture outside for a walk to the park.  It reminds me that this mama has GOT to get in shape for my upcoming triathlons, yikes! Well, like I said....tomorrow = new day.


Now, for the FREE and FUN part!

You can find a sweet bib for any special little person in your life here!  Jan has an amazing assortment of colors and fabric for both boys and girls and MN friends...she's local! Also, one special commenter will receive one FREE bib from this lovely little shop! Simply leave a comment!  This mama is old school and draws from a hat--so it's real legit!  The winner will be announced on 3/16 so leave your comments and let me know what are you looking forward to this Spring!

6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the trees having leaves again! Makes the outdoors much more cheerful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am looking forward for my best friend to give birth so i can go to her with a mountain of gifts for the little one.
    violet.porto[at]yahoo[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bib is so cute! I also looked at the etsy store and it has wonderful selections of bib patterns. One of the pattern i like is the Safari Friends waterproof bib, it's unisex so it's perfect for gifts :)


    yuri.kristi at gmail.com
    VISIT MY REVIEW / GIVEAWAY BLOG: http://tigerlilysbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to walks to the park with the kiddos and smelling fresh cut grass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to longer days and the chance to wear lovely sundresses. :)

    so.kitsch at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...