photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Refurbished vintage chairs project.

So, we recently were fortunate enough to get a FREE table from my landlord's mother as she was moving to assisted living and didn't want it.  Nothing fancy schmancy, but a great solid wood table--bigger than the one we had for the past 6 years.  Only problem is it had no chairs to go with it!

Insert project refurbish!

I searched and searched and searched on Craigslist for some cool, but cheap chairs.  I decided I'd have to go as cheap as I could and then design them myself.  I found some refurbish-able chairs for a great price--6 chairs for $60.

Since they needed to be toddler proof and food stain proof, I picked up some printed vinyl instead of just fabric.  This will make clean up much easier!

Added some spray paint of my favorite color and project complete!

BEFORE:


AFTER:
 

SIDE BY SIDE:



VOILA!
 




For the breakdown of price:

6 chairs- $60
10 cans of spray paint (yes TEN)- $40
Vinyl fabric- $23
TOTAL: $123 for 6 chairs or  20.50 per chair

Not too shabby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...