photo HOME_zps06s0mbvp.png  photo DIY_zpstn0vn6lt.png  photo CONTACT_zpsywgjjlni.png

Saturday, October 8, 2011

DIY Saturday (because I can't wait until Wednesday)--Fall Yarn Wreath

 Festive Fall Yarn Wreath!

You will need:
Foam ring--any size (found in garden section at craft stores)
Yarn
Felt sheets
Scissors
Glue gun
Marker-optional
Push pins

(I apologize for the low quality pics--it was nighttime because I couldn't wait until morning to do this one!)


 Wrap that yarn ALL the way around your ring---pulling it tight and squishing it together all along the way!  This took me about an hour--so pop in a movie and wrap away!



Now for the decorating!  If you want to make little felt flowers, just cut a spiral like this--big or small.


 And wrap that spiral together again, now overlapping a bit so you are left with this!


Now you can add as many of those as you want in various sizes and colors.  I hot glued a dot to the end of the spiral so it would stay together and then used gold push pins to attach everything to the wreath--you could also just hot glue them to the wreath if you'd like.  I also added a few leaves for added 'fallness'.

I love my new wreath! :)


Like many things, my inspiration came from Pinterest.  Here were a few I liked:



This was fun and easy and I can't wait to make one for Christmas!  Also, I don't know if this is true of all Joann's right now, but the one I went to was having a great sale---ton's of stuff was 50% and 60% off this weekend!
Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Super cute Laura- love it. I'm inspired to make one too now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oohh that's super cute! Now that the wedding is over I'm excited to start actually decorating our place! You'll have to come over and help me with your crafty eye sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turned out super cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...